Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Twenty Sixteen

Todays post is short and sweet. I wanted to take a quick moment to reflect on 2016.


I can't believe 2016 has come to a close. It has been one heck of a year! I can't believe how many changes have occurred in only twelve months. I graduated high school, began college, met a group of incredible friends, and experienced an equal amount of highs and lows.

If I could freeze time, I would freeze my life in these college years and soak up every laugh, every tear, and every heartbreak. I want to remember every time I almost peed myself laughing and every tear that brought me closer to finding my happiness. I want to remember every time a guy made me feel like I wasn't good enough, and then I remember the first time I met the guy that continually puts the biggest smile on my face.

I want to remember every argument I've ever had with my best friends and how we resolved it. Although awkward and upsetting at the time, it inevitably brought us closer together.

I want to remember the stress I felt as I studied for my first college exams, and how I felt every fiber of my being pushing me to study one-hour longer and do one more practice problem.

I want to remember the feeling of failure and how empowering it feels to pick yourself back up and move on.

Although most of these things weren't ideal at the time, I never regret a moment of the learning opportunities I experienced in 2016.

Peace out 2016, and hello 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment