Monday, August 15, 2016

YoDerm

Today I'm collaborating with YoDerm, an online platform that connects patients with U.S. board-certified dermatologists. I can't be the only teenager who has spent years in and out of the dermatologist office, different prescriptions in hand, none seeming to provide any relief. When I was introduced to YoDerm I thought, why not? I've been struggling with my skin since even before middle school, and needless to say, it's been a never-ending battle for the past 8+ years. I figured I had nothing to loose. 


Shoutout to the shadows for making me look like I have abs

I was immediately intrigued, but very skeptical, about the legitimacy of an online dermatologist. After a little research (a.k.a this Refinery 29 article as well as others) I decided to give it a try. After a $59 consultation fee you are ready to pick your doctor, and begin filling out your medical file. I was assigned to a doctor who then reviewed my profile and prescribed three different medication: one topical, and two oral. The YoDerm team even worked with me to provide coupons to make the prescriptions more affordable for my college student budget. 

Pros: 

YoDerm is the perfect resource for any busy student who is constantly on-the-go. I chose a dermatologist, created a medical profile, and received my treatment plan all with in 24 hours, and all without having to leave my house! I had an overall great experience with YoDerm. 

Cons: 

There is really only one con I can think of, and this is true for any medication prescribed from any dermatologist: check the list of side effects that go along side your prescription! Better safe than sorry. As I'm heading off to college, I decided I wasn't going to take one of the oral prescriptions. There was a long list of side effects associated, as well as necessary blood work to ensure things are working properly. Things I definitely won't want to deal with my first month of college! When I am home for a month over winter break, however, I may reconsider.

Thank you YoDerm for working with me! All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment