Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

I am one of the biggest Harry Potter nerds you'll ever meet! My obsession started when I was only in the first grade. My dad would read to my brother and I every night before bed. One night that book happened to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Since that first night reading, I was hooked! I dreamed of Quidditch tournaments, Potions classes, and receiving my Hogwarts letter when I turned 11. Full disclosure I was disappointed when my owl from Hogwarts never arrived.


I had all the books on tape, read all the books countless times, dressed up as Hermione one year for Halloween (Still looking for my Ron...), and even made my dad read the 7th book out loud on a plane the day it was released. My apologies to all the upset people around us on that plane home from Chicago! My Dad was completely making his little girl's day. (Thanks Dad! Still one of my favorite childhood memories.) When I first heard news about the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child script it was like I was a little kid all over again! I HAD to get a copy. When I was supposed to be packing for college, I was instead lying in my bed engrossed once again in the wizarding world.


I really cannot put the book down! It's been so long since I was last read about Harry, Hermione, and Ron. It's good to be back!

 Have you read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? Let me know what you think! 

7 comments:

  1. Literally just posted my review of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on The Novel Millennial!
    I was also Hermione one year for Halloween and made my boyfriend at the time (who had long red hair) dress up as Ron. Pretty sure there's a picture of that in a yearbook somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I'll definitely check out your post as well.

      Delete
  2. I am a little late on the Harry Potter trend. This summer I set out to read all of the book (I never have before), I have read the frist two and I am hooked. I am so sad I missed the craze growing up because I would have 100% atteneded the midnight relases! I have happily been sorted as a Ravenclaw!

    Amy | amymariep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are a part of the Harry Potter craze now!

      Delete