Thursday, August 11, 2016

New York City Summer Guide

The weather in New York City always falls into two categories: unbearable hot, or as cold as the arctic. This summer was the first time in two years I haven't spent the summer at LIM college, and experienced the unexplainably hot weather. I love New York City and felt like a piece of my summer was lacking without a quick trip. So, before returning home to complete college packing, I made a quick day trip into the city. Two things I totally forgot about: summer heat and other city summer necessities. 

H&M Fifth Avenue 

Phone charger: From using maps for navigation, to taking hundreds of pictures, your phone battery drains quicker than normal. My phone always has a habit of dying at the most inopportune times. 

Deodorant: Ok, guys I'm sorry but this is an absolute necessity in the summer heat! When the subway is standing room only and you're 5'2, the ride is a little extra uncomfortable. Armpits in your face coming at every which angle is not fun! Always have an emergency stick of deodorant. There's no shame! I always carry around my emergency deodorant and it has saved me countless times. Us short people thank you! 

Hair tie: If you have thick hair like me, your hair adds an extra couple of uncomfortable degrees in the summertime. No matter how long you spent straightening you hair that morning, always bring a hair tie. The one time you aren't prepared you'll get stuck on a subway car with no AC (Yep, true story.)

Hand sanitizer: I forgot my bottle of hand sanitizer on my most recent trip into the city and felt absolutely disgusting! Ever since I read an article a few months back about the millions of germs found in the city, I've been a total germaphobe. I didn't want to think about all the unwanted germ friends resting on my hands. 

Central Park 


Skirt: Gabe's (similar, similar)
Bag: H&M (similar, similar)
Shoes: Vans (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment