Thursday, July 14, 2016

College Tips and Tricks

Today I'm partnering with the amazing Sydney from Anchored in the South to help create the ultimate college tips and tricks list. She is heading off to college in the fall as well so it seemed like the perfect time to collaborate! If you head over to Sydney's blog she's talking about tips for college orientation. Definitely helpful if your orientation is next week like mine!

Setting Yourself Up For Success



1. Create a resume
I can't even begin to stress the importance of having a resume. There has been so many times I've applied for a position or scholarship with a subpar resume. Taking the time to fine tune your credentials with you parents before heading off to college will pay off and be an invaluable gift. ResumeGenius in an amazing resource for first time resume builders.  

2. Create a LinkedIn
Once you've created a LinkedIn profile, you can upload your resume and begin building your network. You never know when an opportunity is going to present itself!

3. Staying Organized
I'm very type A, so whenever things are out of place I get overwhelmed and can't think properly. After my laptop, my agenda is the second most important things in my backpack. I would be so lost without it!
Kate Spade New York Floral Agenda Book ~ Lilly Pulitzer JUMBO AGENDA - ISLAND TIME ~ BAN.DO Classic Agenda - Lady of Leisure

4. Stop and Smell the Roses

I'm always running full speed ahead. I'm so focused on my next move in life that I forget to enjoy my current stage. So, my fourth a final tip is more of a reminder for myself! I want to make sure I take time to stop and enjoy my college experience. I want to join clubs, continually push myself outside of my comfort zone, and most importantly take time to reflect on how thankful and blessed I am to be attending my first choice college in the fall.

Head over to Sydney's blog to see her tips on freshman orientation here

No comments:

Post a Comment